This newly published report ‘Towards a Wellbeing and Sustainable Development (Scotland) Bill‘, based on research carried out on behalf of the Alliance and some of its members, and in partnership with Newcastle University, calls on the Scottish Government to give force and meaning to commitments on wellbeing and sustainable development, while ensuring that consideration is given to the global impacts of activities here in Scotland in terms of what we want to achieve, and how we deliver on those commitments in that broader context.
You can access the full research below that led to the completion of this report.
- Discussion Paper February 2022
- Annexe A: Review of National Legislation and Policies
- Annexe A3: SD Clauses
- Annexe A6: Complementary Legilstation: the GFN bill
- Annexe A7: Learning from Existing Duties
- Annexe B: Review of Welsh Experience
- Annexe C: Alliance Docs Review
- Annexe D: Notes on SD legislation in UK, Belgium and Malta
- Annexe D2: List of states SD Wellbeing
- Annexe E: Stakeholder Engagement
- Annexe F1: Bill Process
- Annexe F2: Elements of Bill