The Alliance and SCGA welcome today’s publication by the Scottish government of the evidence report exploring what a feminist approach to global affairs might look like for Scotland.
The full report can be found here: Stakeholder engagement workshops on Scotland’s feminist approach to foreign policy: evidence report – gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
Working jointly on this report, the Alliance and SCGA highlighted 5 key messages that we hope the Scottish government will now implement:
- Support feminist groups and women’s organisations – by shifting power to them, and creating spaces at decision making tables
- Make funding feminist – meaning making it accessible, flexible and longer term
- Be an innovator and influencer – Scotland has a good story to tell on progress towards a wellbeing economy, a just transition, and tackling gender-based violence… tell it globally!
- Speak out – dare to show moral leadership on key issues such as economic and trade justice, the need for demilitarisation and transformative climate finance
- Ensure policy coherence between national and international policies – still too much to do here – use the review of the National Outcomes to help make this happen.