Scotland Zambia Partnership (SCOZAP)
SCOZAP was formed in 2004 and operated as Scotland Zambia Association (SCOZAA) until may 2017 . This is a diaspora led organisation with membership of around 1000 Zambians and friends of Zambia. Scotland Zambia Partnership is a Scottish registered Charity ( SCO47771).
The main aim of our organisation is to reduce social inequalities and improve peoples’ life chances in Scotland and Zambia. This is achieved through the following objectives:
• To encourage active participation and community involvement as a way of reducing social exclusion.
• To facilitate a friendly and open minded environment that fosters cultural exchanges as a way of promoting an appreciation and understanding of many diverse cultures in Scotland.
• To actively promote Health and wellbeing through sports and recreational activities particularly amongst those that do not normally engage.
• Contributing and supporting Scottish organisations that promote sustainable development in Zambia.
• Work in partnership with other organisations that work towards alleviation and eradication of poverty particularly in Scotland and Zambia.
Organisational member, A
Areas of Interest
- Capacity Building
- Climate Change
- Community Development
- Education – Global Citizenship
- Health – General
- Sustainable development
- United Kingdom